birding-aus

Colour band reporting

To: Birding-Aus Birding-Aus <>
Subject: Colour band reporting
From: Paul McDonald <>
Date: Fri, 13 Jun 2008 13:23:13 +1000
Hi all,

Please send all colour band observations to the Australian Bird and Bat Banding Scheme, you can do this online at:

http://www.environment.gov.au/biodiversity/science/abbbs/recovery.html

EVERY band put on a wild bird in Australian territory has to be registered with them, including colour bands. Given this, if you send details to this body you will get a reply. In my experience they are very good about providing details.

This comes up repeatedly in birding-aus, so apologies for another posting, but it seems the message hasn't been picked up by birders.

Cheers,
Paul McDonald