birding-aus

Birdstack

Subject: Birdstack
From: "Dave Torr" <>
Date: Mon, 21 Jan 2008 16:20:21 +1100
Aren't names wonderful! The current IOC list compared to Birdlife Int and
Clements 6 is on my website at
http://birdingsites.com.au/WorldChecklist.html. Or you could check out
http://www.worldbirdnames.org/index.html.

But I agree on taxonomy - will be interesting to see how quickly the 3
Aussie ones update for the new C&B - will this new one cope with those
changes? And then there is the issue of what to do when the Aussie treatment
differs from the International one, as I understand is the case for
Albatrosses. Should an Aussie site use C&B for endemics and International
recommendations for albatrosses etc? Or should it (for those with
international pretensions such as Eremaea?) use both depending on where you
are birding????