birding-aus

Canada Geese Update

To: Graeme Stevens <>
Subject: Canada Geese Update
From: Carl Clifford <>
Date: Mon, 31 Dec 2007 18:56:33 +1100
Graeme,

The good old Wood Duck certainly has worn out its welcome in many (all) golf clubs etc. I don't know why, after all the Woodies cut down on mowing and provide free fertiliser for the greens and fairways. It would be interesting to see if there are any differences in populations between the two atlases. I had a quick look on BA's Birdata and there does not seem to be much of a difference, but then the atlases only give an approximation of actual populations

Carl Clifford