birding-aus

RFI: Lesser Yellowleg in Jerseyville, NSW - Thank You and HNY!

Subject: RFI: Lesser Yellowleg in Jerseyville, NSW - Thank You and HNY!
From: Tun Pin Ong <>
Date: Mon, 31 Dec 2007 00:01:58 -0800 (PST)
Hi,

A big thank you to those who replied to the group or
to me privately.

On 23,24 The Lesser Yellowleg was around in
Jerseyville, next to South West Rocks, NSW. Ken, the
local birder, was a very helpful person. I am sure
many have also seen it during this holiday period.

The Beach Stone Curlew was seen on both Red Rocks and
Urunga as advised.

We met 2 local birders in Red Rocks, Ron and Jenny who
highly recommended us to visit Dorrigo, inland high
plateau of Coffs Harbour - beautiful extensive
rainforest with good facilities but it rained when we
were there.

http://www.dorrigo.com/attractions/rainforest/index.html

On the other hand, I have just come back from a short
trip in Deniliquin. Highlight was a female
Plains-wanderer blowing up its neck to call for its
mate. She has expanded her neck as thick as her body.
Let me know if any is keen to see the her photo.

Happy New Year to all birding-ausers.

Regards,
Tun Pin ONG
St Leonards (Sydney)