birding-aus

RFI: Shepparton area birding

To: <>
Subject: RFI: Shepparton area birding
From: Bruce Christensen <>
Date: Sun, 30 Sep 2007 02:08:02 -0400
Hey Aussie birders,

I'm a birder from the States living in Shepparton for the next 5 months (I'm a
horse vet here for the breeding season; and no, I didn't bring the flu with
me...) and would appreciate any tips on quality local birding spots (local
meaning within a half hour or so from here).  I've discovered Reedy Swamp and
the wetlands at Kyabram Fauna Park.

I'm especially keen on Yellow-tailed Black Cockatoo, Gang Gang Cockatoos,
Bluebonnets, & Superb Lyrebirds.  I'm sure I'll think of others to ask about.

I'm also eager for local information on good birds I haven't thought to ask
about due to my lack of local experience.

I had a great day birding with the BAYBOCA group this weekend and look forward
to meeting others of you.

Thanks for all your help!

Bruce Christensen
Shepparton