birding-aus

RE: [SPAM] Re: [Birding-Aus] What is in a name?

To: "'Dave Torr'" <>, "'Philip Veerman'" <>
Subject: RE: [SPAM] Re: [Birding-Aus] What is in a name?
From: "Terry Reis" <>
Date: Fri, 27 Jul 2007 15:22:18 +1000
People who are only birders should never complain about names being
unwieldy.
For those of us who chase reptiles and frogs as well, we have to deal mainly
in scientific names due to a dearth of suitable common names (CSIRO's
vertebrate list notwithstanding and largely ignored for that matter).
That brings us into the realm of Ctenotus quattuordecimlineatus.