birding-aus

Song Thrush or Immature Blackbird?

To: "'brian fleming'" <>, "'Peter Shute'" <>, <>
Subject: Song Thrush or Immature Blackbird?
From: "Tony Russell" <>
Date: Tue, 10 Jul 2007 13:12:48 +0930
Song Thrush is only 85% of the size of the Bassian. ( 23cm as opposed to
26-27cm)
  The Bassian is a bigger, much plumper looking bird with much more
white around the eye, and its breast and belly has horizontal crescents
( ends upwards)  of dark brown rather than the vertical streaks/spots on
the Song Thrush.

TR.