birding-aus

Birding in Lamington and Sydney

To: Mike Collard <>
Subject: Birding in Lamington and Sydney
From: Andrew Taylor <>
Date: Sun, 24 Jun 2007 12:40:49 +1000
On Sat, Jun 23, 2007 at 12:01:04AM +0100, Mike Collard wrote:
> We are also going to be with friends in Sydney; I have been trying to
> locate gen on the possibility of catching up with Superb Lyrebird;

In July it would hard to avoid hearing Superb Lyrebird in an outing
anywhere in the forest on the outskirts of Sydney.  Good views are easier
where they have become habituated to human presence.  Lady Carrington
Drive in Royal National Park in Sydney's south is a well known spot.
Here are some suggestions if you want to go west:
http://bioacoustics.cse.unsw.edu.au/archives/html/birding-aus/1999-04/msg00203.html
Other spots, e.g in Sydney's north, may be more convenient, depending on
where you are staying.

Andrew