birding-aus

RFI Alice Springs

To: <>
Subject: RFI Alice Springs
From: "Alana Dare" <>
Date: Tue, 27 Mar 2007 21:38:38 +1000
Hi All,

We will be spending the Easter break at Alice Springs and would very much
appreciate if anyone can tell us of local conditions. Have the recent rains
brought any of the nomadic Honeyeaters? If so, where is the best place to look?
Is there a good spot for Rufous-crowned Emu-wren?
Any other tips on how best to use our limited time would be most welcome. We
are following Lloyd Neilsen's itinerary so will be spending one night in the
East MacDonnell Ranges at Ross River and one night in the West at Glen Helen.
Has anyone seen Banded Whiteface in those areas of late?

Thank you

Alana