birding-aus

What binocular power?

Subject: What binocular power?
From: "John Graff" <>
Date: Tue, 27 Mar 2007 21:42:02 +1030
I use 10x42 and find them to be very good. The only downside is they're quite big and if you're tramping through the bush all day, their weight can become slightly uncomfortable. Also, I've had these for going on 7 years and they were the first really decent pair I got (I'm only 18) so I don't have much to compare them with. The pair I had before these were tiny (8x25, I think) and, although they performed fairly well, the 10x42s are markedly better, particularly in terms of field of view.

Cheers
John Graff