birding-aus

GHL Thurs 27/7

To: "Birding Aus" <>
Subject: GHL Thurs 27/7
From: "Peter Waanders" <>
Date: Sat, 29 Jul 2006 17:40:40 +0930
Hi all
I've put a photo of the GHL on my website (yes I know it's not SA-related
but thought it fit to break my own rules). It's in flight & shows the bumble
foot quite well, if you click on the picture it'll bring up a larger one.
A funny story I thought I'd share with you:
When I arrived at BJ and couldn't find the lapwing straightaway, I spotted a
campervan near the picknick tables and a lady standing near the railway with
a camera. The only bird present was a Masked Lapwing on top of the railway
line, and the lady was busy taking photos of it. I asked her if she was
looking for the GHL, and she pointed to the Masked Lapwing and replied:
"That's it there!" She was told by the locals, that the GHL was by itself,
and figured that this one being the only lonely lapwing in the area, must be
it! She couldn't have been too keen a birder as she didn't seem very
disappointed when I enlightened her. They searched around for a bit longer
but left before the GHL eventually turned up.

Website address below.

Cheers

Peter Waanders
Waikerie, South Australia
mob.: 0407 800264
SA Birding: http://www.sabirding.com
E-mail1:
E-mail2:

********* This email and any attachments may be confidential and legally
privileged.
Please notify the sender immediately if you received this message in error.
Please do not delete or alter this notice.