birding-aus

glossy blacks

Subject: glossy blacks
From: "Tony Crittenden" <>
Date: Thu, 18 May 2006 02:41:39 +0000
Evan,

Mitchell Park is a good spot for them - I've seen them there a few times - at the far end in the casuarinas there - and it's not too far from you!!

regards
tony

From: "Peter Johnson (Intouch Data)" <>
Subject: Re: [Birding-Aus] glossy blacks
Date: Wed, 17 May 2006 14:17:18 +1000

no Glossy Blacks Evan, but I thought I'd mention my Squatter Pigeon encounters - isn't it often the way that when you finally tick a species they seem to fly at you all of a sudden as if you've been running around with your eyes closed! Two Sundays ago I ticked my first Squatter Pigeon on the dirt road into the Mareeba (Nth Qld) wetlands. Saw another on the way out. Last Sunday driving between Ashford (just north of Inverell, NSW) and Texas (QLD) came across al leat 5 on the roadside in the late afternoon. In fact the gassy edges were alive with Peaceful and Bar Shouldered Doves, Crested Pigeons, Red Rumped Parrots, Galahs, Pale Headed and Eastern Rosellas etc etc.

cheers

peter