birding-aus

RFI Coral Coast Birding WA

Subject: RFI Coral Coast Birding WA
From: "Judith Hoyle" <>
Date: Tue, 17 May 2005 08:30:34 +0000
Good evening Birding Ausers

I will be travelling to WA in June and hiring a 2 WD campervan for 2 weeks. Plan is to travel along coral coast to Exmouth and return stopping to bird along the way. I would be grateful if anyone could provide me with information relating to accessible sites in a 2 WD vehicle for the following birds on my wishlist:

Flock Bronzewing
Chiming Wedgebill
Spinifex Bird
Rufous-crowned Emu-wren
Pilbara form of Striated Grasswren
Dusky Warbler
Slender-billed Thornbill
Slate-backed Thornbill
Star Finch
Painted Firetail

Also can anyone let me know how easy the White-winged Wren's are to find on Dirk Hartog island? I am thinking of staying one night at the homestead.

If anyone has any tips on quiet camping areas too that would be an added bonus

Many thanks

Judith