birding-aus

RFI -Summer Tassie Trip.

To: Birding Aus <>
Subject: RFI -Summer Tassie Trip.
From: Michael Shawn Wood <>
Date: Tue, 4 Jan 2005 10:59:17 +1030
Dear Birding Ausers.

Hope all of you have been well over christmas and new years period. For myself,
it has been very sedate.

I hope to tap into the enormous amount of knowledge available here by asking
for some information on Tasmania. I am in the process of planning a
birdwatching trip there in late January and hope that some of you might be able
to assist me with places that MUST be on the itinerary. It will be my first
visit to Tasmania so, of-course, I aim to pick up all the endemics. It would
also be worthwhile to visit other areas where there might be nice camping
facilities, etc., and not necessarily where the endemic are found but.

Apart from the Tassie endemics, a handful of species that I have as yet been
unable to see on the mainland are also on the hit list, namely the Spotted
Quail-thrush, Pink Robin, Ground Parrot, Swift Parrot, Lewin's Rail and Masked
Owl. If I could get assistance with these species also it would be much
appreciated.

Also, for those birdwatchers touring the state at the same time, or any locals
who would like to share the day, it would be great to go birdwatching together.

Thankyou in advance for responses.

Kind Regards,
Michael