birding-aus

Raven sightings in Dayboro Ocean View area.

To: "Robert Inglis" <>
Subject: Raven sightings in Dayboro Ocean View area.
From: Judith L-A <>
Date: Wed, 22 Sep 2004 12:15:20 +1000
Hello, Bob. I've just come back from 3 weeks away, and found your email RE Aust.Raven /Dayboro /OceanView /MtMee. I'm in that area for several days each week, usually, and could look out for the bird/s. Do you have more detailed info on where the bird was sighted?

Cheers.
Judith.

Hi all,
Dayboro and Ocean View are locations on the north western outskirts of Brisbane, Queensland,
Australia.
I have recently been told of a possible sighting of Australian Raven in the Ocean View area. The sighting was made by a person who is not an experienced bird identifier but is someone I am
trying to 'train-up'.
I have done a small amount of birdwatching in the area but have not so far identified Australian
Raven there.
I have only seen Torresian Crows.
However, the two Australian bird atlases suggest that the A. Raven could be in the Ocean View area. There is, of course, the usual qualification that these species can be difficult to separate. Has anyone positively identified Australian Raven in the near vicinity to the Mt Mee township? (Mt Mee township is not far from the claimed sighting and is simply used here as an obvious
geographical reference point.)
Thanks in anticipation.
Bob Inglis
Woody Point