birding-aus

Raven sightings in Dayboro Ocean View area.

Subject: Raven sightings in Dayboro Ocean View area.
From: Chris Sanderson <>
Date: Sun, 26 Sep 2004 12:51:37 +1000
In theory there shouldn't be Australian Ravens anywhere near Brisbane,
however I'd like to check the University of Queensland St Lucia campus
a little more carefully.  A lot of corvids around, and some are
different sizes, shapes, and have different calls (some birds have a
much "deeper" voice than others).  I've definitely heard some of the
corvids make the descending call that is meant to be diagnostic but
isn't always.  The only confirmation I haven't had so far is a good
look at the down feathers on any of the birds.

Regards,
Chris - Brisbane, QLD