birding-aus

Photos of Storm-Petrels off the Peruvan Coast

To: <>
Subject: Photos of Storm-Petrels off the Peruvan Coast
From: "Gunnar Engblom" <>
Date: Mon, 26 Jan 2004 19:12:33 -0500
Dear all
I have posted some pictures from our last pelagic 24th of January on
www.birding-peru.com in the ID section. They include White-vented,
Black, Ringed and Wedge-rumped Storm-Petrels. I don't think any of them
ever have showed up in NZ or AUS but maybe they will some day....?
Thanks everyone for the comments on the Shy albatross ... seems we have
to stick to Salvin´s then. There may be some better shots available
later on of this individual from another photographer. We had
observations of at least 3 individuals of what appeared to be
White-capped Albatros (cuata/steadi) in July 2001...so hopefully we can
get some more conclusive photos this year in July.

Gunnar Engblom
Kolibri Expeditions
Lima
Peru