birding-aus

Re: [BIRDING-NZ] Possible White-capped Albatross 1st for Peru July 10 2

To: <>, <>
Subject: Re: [BIRDING-NZ] Possible White-capped Albatross 1st for Peru July 10 2003
From: "Ross Silcock" <>
Date: Thu, 22 Jan 2004 19:32:50 -0600
Hi all:
I didn't see the flight shots (just now found them). I take back my ID as
White-capped (I only found the small pic of the bird sitting on the water).
I agree with Alvaro (as usual!): the extent of black in the primaries seems
too great for White-capped/Shy (steadi/cauta).  There should be some
evidence of white extending into the black, but I can't see it. Overexposure
is a bit of a problem, too. Parsimony suggests a pale Salvin's.
Ross

Ross Silcock
P.O. Box 57
Tabor, Iowa, USA  51653