birding-aus

Tassie Birding

To: "BIRDING-AUS" <>
Subject: Tassie Birding
From: "David Siems" <>
Date: Sun, 21 Sep 2003 17:22:18 +1000

Hi Netters,

              It is nice when doing ordinary things and still see birds OK. I went to Devonport airport to see some friends off for a trip to Canada and on the way back a Collared Sparrowhawk flew slowly across the road. Then while having a picnic at Boat Harbour, west along the north coast we had Pacific Gull, Silver Gull, Tassie Scrub wren and on the rocks, Great, Little Black, Little Pied and Black-faced Cormorant. To top it off two seals were lazing around near the rocks with the occasional swim.

             Watched my sister head off at 9am out the harbour on the Spirit One back to Melbourne and five Sooty Oystercatchers went down the harbour.

All the Best

David Siems

Devonport

Tasmania