birding-aus

Yet another Channel-billed Cuckoo return and a Baza

Subject: Yet another Channel-billed Cuckoo return and a Baza
From: Carol Probets <>
Date: Thu, 18 Sep 2003 21:08:08 +1000
Edwin's posting reminded me.... While visiting a friend at Woodford in the
central Blue Mountains on Tuesday (16 Sept), I was treated to my first
Channel-billed Cuckoos for the season as two flew by, completely dominating
the landscape for a few moments as Channel-bills always do. They were
welcomed after their long flight from the north by an angry magpie in hot
pursuit.

The second exciting moment for the week happened today while driving down
the Great Western Highway at Glenbrook, with a Pacific Baza flying across
the road in front of my vehicle. Although recorded fairly often in the
lower Blue Mountains, they are always great to see.

Cheers

Carol

Carol Probets
Blue Mountains NSW