birding-aus

Re Robins plus

To: "birding aus" <>
Subject: Re Robins plus
From: "Philip A. Veerman" <>
Date: Wed, 16 Jul 2003 17:55:25 +1000
I wonder about this in terms not only of location but of relevance. Of course it is nice for people just to write that they have seen a pink-tufted chat-petrel at 517 km north of Mildurelaide. Sometimes I wonder (if they are for places that I know nothing about) why they choose to mention the pink-tufted chat-petrel and may have forgotten to mention the white-crowned eagle-finch that was also there. As in I might be more interested in the latter. I like it best when someone mentions not just what was where (or even not there) but why they also tell us why they are telling us (as in is this notable or a unusual or what). The regular pelagic trip reports are almost always good examples of providing a context to the lists. Of course we are limited by our willingness to type and read a lot.

Philip