birding-aus

re: IT IS imperative we feed wild animals

To: "James Colton" <>, <>
Subject: re: IT IS imperative we feed wild animals
From: "Scott O'Keeffe" <>
Date: Wed, 25 Jun 2003 18:40:53 +1000
Thanks James.

What hasnt been said explicitly in the 'debate' thus far is that bird
feeding is not really an activity that is carried out for the sake of birds.
It is an activity that is carried out for the enjoyment, gratification, need
(what have you) of people.  I'm not suggesting that there is necessarily
anything wrong with this.  But when analysed from this perspective, the
practice of feeding wild birds looks rather different.

Scott O'Keeffe