birding-aus

Re: RFI on Bird Hides

To: "Penn Gwynne" <>, "Birding-aus" <>
Subject: Re: RFI on Bird Hides
From: Goodfellow <>
Date: Wed, 12 Mar 2003 07:52:55 +0930
I'm not building the hide!  Seven Spirits Bay is flying builders in.
They now have extra work repairing the damage Cyclone Craig left behind!
It fizzled out overland near Oenpelli, but is now headed for the Gulf of
Carpentaria where it may reform.

Jill, my address is PO Box 1023, Parap, NT 0804..  Thanks.
Denise

PS I received the following requet from Chris Brock of Alice Springs.  Do
any of you know anyone familiar with the birds mentioned below?  I don't
know either species well enough to help.

Have you seen Indian ringnecks in flight and or Princess parrots.
What would you say are the major differences between the two birds
flight? .
I'm trying to narrow down  if  I've
seen a  pair of princess parrots flying over Alice Springs - or the only
other possibility - Indian Ringnecks of which there are a few around in
Alice. The birds were far enough away that I couldn't see colours well but
the shape of the birds was Polytelis like. The call was a ki
ki......ki.......ki....................ki ki. They were flying high and
appeared to be in transit over the town. Hope you can enlighten me.

Chris Brock
ph: (08) 89518291