birding-aus

Solar powered hydraulics

To: Birding-aus <>
Subject: Solar powered hydraulics
From: Penn Gwynne <>
Date: Wed, 5 Mar 2003 20:43:21 -0800 (PST)

G'day Tee Pee and All,

Does anyone know of an organisation that makes solar powered hydraulic pistons for raising and lowering ramps? I'm having no luck at all on the world wide web or in any phone book? perhaps Ozzies spell it "High draw licks" ..... I don't know?

Terry Pacey <> wrote:

I have only just found out about this subject on Birding-aus. I note that Penn Gwynne has given up knitting little cardigans for the moment and posted a very interesting URRL.

Glad it raised an eyebrow eh? RSPB approved as well? hmmmm.

Even though the site he/she has provided is for commercial bird hides (and in Britain) it does mention a very important matter. Any bird hide should cater for the disabled. Wheelchair access should always be available and the construction should cater for wheelchairs as well. It is also important that seating is available for those who are disabled but not confined to a wheelchair.

Did you see those two storey ones? Does anyone have an good ideas about lifting wheelchair people to the second level of a two storey bird hiide? Tee Pee and I had a bewt idea but then we got sidetracked with the bucket olde olde sage of the bucket of water .v. wheelchair/occupant/lifting device principle of "Archie Medes".

Anyone constructing a bird hide without taking this into account COULD be
breaching a number of Acts as well as being extremely inconsiderate.

Terry Pacey

When the weight of the filled water bucket was such, therefore being heavier then the opposing weight it began to lower thereby raising by pulleys the wheelchair/occupant/lifting device upwards. Upon alighting from the lifting device.

JAG theiving some space from Angela and Holly Bright .... what bright children these are.

Do you Yahoo!?