birding-aus

Curlew Sandpiper:Numbers Flagged .... one wonders .... one ponders

To: birding-aus <>
Subject: Curlew Sandpiper:Numbers Flagged .... one wonders .... one ponders
From: Penn Gwynne <>
Date: Thu, 21 Nov 2002 15:11:51 -0800 (PST)

G'day All,

It's bleeding JAG De Whag here :^D>>>

What rate of risk do banders and flaggers place on their activities? especially considering the Australian Occupational Health and Safety code of conduct that relates to this issue/activity?

I mean we ALL know how wonderfully clean the world's oceans are! right?

No chance what so ever of the flags and bands adding to the waders hazards of life or life continuation? let alone have anything added to the flag or band from the world's pristine clean oceans and beaches right?

If I can strip away over 60 metres of fishing line from a pelican foot then ????????

IF? the action of banding and flagging is as many say for the primary purpose of counting bird specie numbers for the purpose of monitioring then could someone remind me as to what year are we living in? a small check with Ozbeeb and the BBC might just help on using another type of method.

JAG once more unto the beach deer friends.

Do you Yahoo!?