birding-aus

Papuan harrier(s) sighting?

To: <>
Subject: Papuan harrier(s) sighting?
From: "Vella" <>
Date: Wed, 14 Nov 2001 19:02:11 -0800
A good example of one of this is like the Harrier I saw last Sunday at
Cronulla. The field guides don't really show an old male Swamp Harrier and
one could have easily suspected this bird to be a Papuan Pied Harrier viewed
from below. Male Swamp Harriers have generally paler under-parts than
females and juv. birds, and not so often with alot of white in the
under-parts and under-wings like the bird I saw.

Regards

Edwin