birding-aus

Pardalote nests

To: "Birding-Aus" <>
Subject: Pardalote nests
From: "Barry McLean" <>
Date: Mon, 8 Oct 2001 19:51:29 +1000
Hi All,

Recently we have seen two cases of Striated Pardalotes using Fairy Martin nests in farm sheds (one near Tarnagulla and one near Mathoura) as nesting hollows.  Is this a common practice?  In the Mathoura shed Fairy Martins had returned and were showing interest in the same old nest but we don't know the result.

Barry and Roberta McLean
PO Box 979 Swan Hill 3585
Ph 0418584433

We house sit.