birding-aus

Home Bird Lists

To: "Ralph REID" <>
Subject: Home Bird Lists
From: "Val Ford" <>
Date: Wed, 6 Jun 2001 08:34:17 -0700
Hi Ralph, et al
    My most abundant home bird list species is Brown Thornbill.  As they are
in my garden often during the day this causes me great anguish when
recording bird numbers for the BOCA garden bird survey. Because I have no
way of knowing whether I am seeing the same group of thornbills or different
groups I have opted for recording the number seen in the largest group [not
that it is that easy to count thornbills!].  At present the group size is
15 - 20.  At other times of  the year 6 - 8.
    What do other people do?

Cheers
Val Ford
Sorrento, Vic