birding-aus

Migrants overhead?

Subject: Migrants overhead?
From: Carol Probets <>
Date: Mon, 19 Mar 2001 09:48:24 +1100
Hi Anthea and all,

Here in the Blue Mountains, I regularly hear night-flying Silvereyes during
early autumn. They generally start migrating through here earlier in March
than the Yellow-faced Honeyeaters, and I most often hear them in the early
hours of the morning (if I'm awake) - from about 3am onwards. Sometimes in
the darkness it sounds as if the whole sky is full of Silvereyes!

Cheers,

Carol

Carol Probets
Katoomba NSW