birding-aus

White Black Swan (Cygnus atratus)

To: "Birding-aus" <>
Subject: White Black Swan (Cygnus atratus)
From: "sonnenburg" <>
Date: Tue, 6 Mar 2001 17:11:26 +1000
Firstly I will apologise to those who I have upset by joining 'that' debate - sorry but I took the de bait.

Something completely different:

Last Saturday I was out with some visitors and we visited Jahnke's Lagoon near Gatton south-east Q'ld  (27°41' 44" S and 152°19' 37" E) which had been dry for some time.  It has now partially filled after heavy rain in early February.

The white Black Swan which has been mentioned on birding-aus previously was there along with many normal Black Swans. My atlas sheet for the 2 ha search contains:

Magpie Geese (100's)
Plumed Whistling Duck
Black Swan (about 100)
Australian Wood Duck