birding-aus

Eurasian Magpie (Pica pica) in Hunter Valley

To: Dion Hobcroft <>,
Subject: Eurasian Magpie (Pica pica) in Hunter Valley
From: Anthony Overs <>
Date: Wed, 13 Sep 2000 09:27:48 +1000
I heard a theory about a recent sighting of Eurasian Magpie in the Hunter
valley. Apparently Magpies are a reasonably common cage bird in parts of
Europe. The suggestion was that the bird was smuggled into Australia by
Kosovar refugees, and released (or escaped) from the place where the
refugees were staying in the valley.

Sounded like a good theory. Any comments?

Anthony

<<application/ms-tnef>>