birding-aus

*Up close* and personal

To: Birding-Aus <>
Subject: *Up close* and personal
From: John Gamblin <>
Date: Mon, 7 Aug 2000 17:44:30 -0700 (PDT)
What a great weekend weather wise but what a worry?
re: The rainfall of these parts?

I was given at the weekend some very ancient data on
birds of French Island "It looks like it's been done
on parchment paper" and I spent some time on Sunday
night, Monday morning, transferring it on to floppy
disk?

Looks like the Pelicans of Hastings are NOT camera
shy?
just miss I had been allowed to get more then just a
pelican eye in several of the camera shots? such a
rare ancient language they talk, perhaps they are just
fishing about for a new tongue? :-]

Which format is best for all you guys to view your
grafx in ...... I have scanned up the originals of the
french Island data sheets, then intend to donate them
to Birds Australia ..... hmmmmm I could kill 3 in 1
actually? pay my overdue membership, tisk tisk tisk
sorry Hugo, chat with the great fella of 100 years
himself and catch up with the gang up there. Wonder
which day next year he reaches that 100 years of age?
:-]

Yep I good idea JAG.

By the way does anyone know what happened to our
spring rain? Coolart House wetlands area is dry.

=====

Hastings,
Where thee Western Port Waders will soon regularily meet.