birding-aus

birding-aus Americas' Birding Trip Report Repository - Additions

Subject: birding-aus Americas' Birding Trip Report Repository - Additions
From: (Blake Maybank)
Date: Sat, 15 Jan 2000 11:50:23 -0400
SUBJECT: New Reports on the Americas' Birding Trip Report Repository

Happy New Year to all.

I've managed to catch up on adding trip reports to the Americas' Birding
Trip Report Repository, and have begun the slow process of incorporating
usful links that would help in trip planning.  There are 35 new reports on
offer, most of which have not appeared on this discussion group.

My one remaining backlog is the large collection of reports from the United
States.  Perhaps I'll be finished before the next millenium.

The URL is:

http://www3.ns.sympatico.ca/ns/maybank/Trips.htm

The new reports are:

Canada:
        Prince Edward Island - October 1999 Trip
        Quèbec (Montréal) - July 1997 Trip
        Ontario, Alberta, & British Columbia - May/June 1999 Trip  (BY TREVOR
QUESTED!)
Caribbean:
        Bahamas - Cay Sal - April 1999 Trip
        Bahamas (& Florida) - August 1999 Trip
        Bahamas - New Providence Island - January 1999 Trip
        Bahamas - New Providence I. and Castaway Cay - November 1999 Trip
        Bahamas - Grand Bahama - October 1999 Trip
        Lesser Antilles - November 1999 Trip99 Trip
        Dominican Republic - November 1999 - Trip #1
        Dominican Republic - November 1999 - Trip #2
        Martinique - December 1999 Trip
Central America:
        Panama (Western) - March 1999 Trip
Mexico:
        Baja California - Cabo San Lucas - November 1999 Trip
        Nuevo León - Monterrey - October 1999 Trip
        San Luis Potosí - El Naranjo & Xilitla - July 1999 Trip
        Sonora - 27 April 1999 Big Day (Bird Race)
        Sonora - June 1999 Trip
        Tamaulipas - El Cielo - January 1999 Trip #1
        Tamaulipas - El Cielo - January 1999 Trip #2
        Tamaulipas (El Cielo) & Nuevo León (Galeana) - June 1999 Trip
        Tamaulipas - El Cielo - March 1999 Trip
        Tamaulipas (El Cielo) & San Luis Potosí (El Salto) - May 1999 Trip
        Tamaulipas - El Cielo - September 1999 Trip
        Tamaulipas - La Pesca - November 1999 Trip
        Western Mexico - November/December 1999 Trip
South America:
        Brazil (Sao Paulo, Santos, Caraça)  - October 1999
        Brazil (Northern Pantanal, Chapada dos Guimaraes, and Alta Floresta)  -
October 1999
        Chile - November 1999
        Peru - Iquitos, Explornapo Lodge - July 1997
        Peru - Highlands - July 1999
        Peru (Pantiacolla & Sandoval Lake Lodges) & Bolivia (Rio Heath Lodge) -
1998
        Ecuador - November 1999
        Ecuador - September 1999
        Ecuador (& Galapagos) - November 1999
United States:
        Florida (& Bahamas) - August 1999 Trip

As ever, I welcome any comments, corrections, suggestions, and additions to
this site.

Good Birding,

Blake Maybank

144 Bayview Drive
White's Lake, Nova Scotia
B3T 1Z1   CANADA
(902) 852-2077 (phone)
(305) 675-6231 (fax)

The Americas' Birding Trip Report Repository
http://www3.ns.sympatico.ca/ns/maybank/Trips.htm

"There are many white-throats on the River.  I hear them every day.
Yet strangely, on all this trip, there has always been one whose melody
comes only in the night, as from some great distance, like a memory,
or the last, fading notes of some half-forgotten Requiem.  Is it the song
of a ghost-bird?  I cannot tell.  Faint it is, but very, very plain.
Do you hear it too? ? There it is again, somewhere in the darkness;
sweet and clear, and yet so distant.  It has some meaning, something
I reach for and can nearly grasp?yet it eludes me?"
        GREY OWL (Wa-sha-quon-asin)

quotes)