birding-aus

RE: birding-aus Banyule Wetland

To: "Billinghurst, David (RTD)" <>
Subject: RE: birding-aus Banyule Wetland
From: Glen WHITE <>
Date: Wed, 3 Nov 1999 14:59:02 +1000 (AEST)
Have just caught up with the accumulated messages on Banyule. I have not
been there for several years  - the flooding of the swamp has made a
wonderful difference. Yesterday, as well as the birds mentioned by Tim, I
saw a red-whiskered bulbul (my first in Victoria) and a male white-winged
triller (on the MainTrail,between the carpark and the bridge near the golf
course).
The bulbul was in a tree on the western side of the swamp and it was there
for at least a couple of hours as I heard it on my return around the
swamp.
Glen White

quotes)