birding-aus

RE: birding-aus Banyule Wetland

To: "" <>
Subject: RE: birding-aus Banyule Wetland
From: Susan Myers <>
Date: Wed, 3 Nov 1999 10:02:56 +1100

-----Original Message-----
From:   Lawrence E. Conole [SMTP:
Sent:   Monday, November 01, 1999 12:49 PM

>I'd like to add congratulations to all the Twitchathon teams - and commend them
>all for the nice amount of $$$$ that will now be available for bird
>conservation/research in various locations.  I think the Black-tailed Upstarts
>(David Geering, Koren Mitchell, Stuart & Norm Cooney) deserve special mention
>in
>the Victorian event - a fantastic effort for a new team with an untried route.

Lawrie,
I think the Bush Turkeys (Sean Dooley, Peter Lansley, Paul Peake & Andrew
Stafford) also deserve special mention and thanks for their honesty in owning
up to their excellent score of 203 as opposed to the announced 213! If not for
their insistance on a recount we would not be basking in glory as we are now.
The main thing is we had fun, though. I hope the other teams also did & I
really hope to see a few more teams in next year's event.

Susan

quotes)