birding-aus

Re: birding-aus Locality Field Guides RFI

To: Birding-aus <>
Subject: Re: birding-aus Locality Field Guides RFI
From: Ros Laundon <>
Date: Sun, 23 May 1999 11:25:19 +1000
Dear Birding-ausers,

Thanks to those who replied with information on locality/regional field
guides to assist the Queensland Ornithological Society to build up its
library collection.  I have provided here a list of (shortened) titles so
far suggested.  Our travelling members will benefit greatly by having access
to a good selection of these.  Further suggestions/additions to the list are
welcome.  Publication details, price and availability would also be most
welcome if known.  An * marks those already in our library.  As you can see
we have a fair way to go.

Collins, Peter. The Birds of Broom. (1995).
Donato, David et al. Finding Birds in Australia's Northern Territory.
(1997).
Goodfellow, D. Birds of Darwin: Mangroves and Mudflats.
Green, R.  Birds of Tasmania.
Hoskins, E.S. The Birds of Sydney, County of Cumberland, NSW.
Hutton, I. Birds of Lord Howe Island: Past and Present. (1990).  *
Melbourne Water Western Treatment Plant - Bird Checklist.
Nielsen, L. Birds of Queensland's Wet Tropics and Great Barrier Reef.
(1996).  *
Norris, Michael. Local Birds of Bayside. (1995).
Roberts, Peter. Birdwatcher's Guide to the Sydney Region. (1993).
Saunders, D. & P. de Rebeira.  The Birdlife of Rottnest Island.  2nd edn.  *

South Australian Ornith. Assn. Bird Atlas of the Adelaide Region. (1994).
Taylor, McC. et al. Birds of the Australian Capital Territory: An Atlas.
(1992).
van Delft, R. et al. Birding Sites Around Perth.  2nd edn. (1997).  *
Wieneke, Jo. Where to Find Birds in North-East Queensland. (1995)  *

Victoria is not particularly well represented on this list.  Is there
something specific available for Victorian sites?

Thank you Philip Veerman for information on books in production at the
moment.  I look forward to hearing about them on their release.

Ros Laundon,
QOSI Hon. Librarian,                P.O. Box 97, St. Lucia, Brisbane. 4067.

quotes)