birding-aus

Re: birding-aus RKI Pacific Gulls

To: Trevor Quested <>
Subject: Re: birding-aus RKI Pacific Gulls
From: Alwyn Hunt <>
Date: Sun, 28 Mar 1999 11:48:44 +0930
Hi all,
Trevor  & Annie Quested of  Sydney,  Australia, wrote in connection with my response to David James of Townsville (Fri, 26 Mar 1999 20:36:40 +1030):
quote
"This report is so typical of so many on our list.  Where the hell is it. sic  If
you are on the Internet you are talking to the world.  Please tell us where
you are talking about and where you are from.  Every time please." end quote

Yes...well !  I feel the heat of the flame Trevor and Annie but I feel in this instance, at least, you're a bit off the mark. Had either of you read the e-mail under reply, you would have been aware that there were several specific locations around Australia about which information was requested, among them, quote "The coastal area around Adelaide.. snip ..  where exactly on the Fleurieu Peninsula ? " end quote.   My response was specifically in relation to the "Southern Coast of the Fleurieu Peninsula" .
Surely not too difficult for any Sydney-sider to deduce the whereabouts geographically, unless they haven't yet heard of Adelaide !  I have no doubt that David James will be able, if he wishes, to direct his Dutch acquaintance adequately. I have no doubt either that having read David's RFI you knew it was specifically Australian info he was seeking.
Finally Trevor, you may find you will make more friends and influence more people toward accepting your viewpoint (which I accept as valid) if you were to broadcast a tactfully phrased plea to all, rather than to arrogantly flame the individual.
Alwyn Hunt
Victor Harbor
Sth. Aust.

Alwyn Hunt

birding-aus

>On my frequent Atlassing surveys of the Encounter Bay foreshore about 3-4
>kilometres South of the CBD of Victor Harbor township (Southern Coast of
the
>Fleurieu Peninsula)  I almost always on each survey see a pair (not
necessarily
>a bird of each gender) of Pacific Gulls. Sometimes, but more rarely there
may
>be three birds.

This report is so typical of so many on our list.  Where the hell is it.  If
you are on the Internet you are talking to the world.  Please tell us where
you are talking about and where you are from.  Every time please.
Trevor  & Annie Quested
Sydney,  Australia

Phone   +61 2 9955 6266
Fax  + 61 2  9959 4005