birding-aus

Re: birding-aus RKI Pacific Gulls

To: "Trevor Quested" <>
Subject: Re: birding-aus RKI Pacific Gulls
From: "Trevor Hampel" <>
Date: Sat, 27 Mar 1999 18:45:46 +1030
birding-aus

Trevor,

I think that you have unfairly criticised the original writer of the message
below - and shown your ignorance of South Australian geography (and
Australian history - Encounter Bay is where Matthew Flinders met the French
explorer Nicolas Baudin) .

Alwyn could not have been any more specific, except to add that Victor
Harbor is about an hour's drive - 84km - south of Adelaide - that's in South
Australia by the way. What next? Should we give longitude and latitude with
every email to birding-aus?

Trevor, I suggest the purchase of a school atlas to help you find places as
significant as Victor Harbor, Fleurieu Peninsula and Encounter Bay.

The point Trevor is trying to make, however, is very valid. PLEASE everyone,
give details of your sightings with references to and approximate distances
from, large centres of population (Victor Harbor IS a large town by the way)
AND the state.

Happy birding,

Trevor Hampel
Murray Bridge (78 km SE of ADELAIDE)