birding-aus

Fw: birding-aus Owls & Lunar Cycle

To: <>
Subject: Fw: birding-aus Owls & Lunar Cycle
From: "G Glass" <>
Date: Wed, 3 Mar 1999 10:32:19 +1000
birding-aus

What about contacting the local newspaper(s) in the area and doing a story
with photo - person holding up "one of umpteen dead owls" - with the
conditions that lead this this tragedy. With the moral being "Drive
carefully when there is a full moon after cloudy, wet days" or whatever.
Heartwrenching pic of 'owl' looking at you would be good too. We should not
neglect going to these lengths to save some birds. People's hearts can be
touched and a few will take notice and act.
Gloria Glass
Gowrie Junction, nr Toowoomba, Qld

> From: Stan Emmerson <>
> Subject: birding-aus Owls & Lunar Cycle
> Date: Tuesday, 2 March 1999 22:35
> Hello all,
>         I will have to stop travelling around the Far North when there is
> full moon in March.  This morning, leaving Cooktown early for the 5 hour
> drive to Cairns, I was approaching Lakeland Downs & saw a small rufous
Tawny