birding-aus

birding-aus Stolen binoculars.

To: "Birding-aus" <>
Subject: birding-aus Stolen binoculars.
From: "Paul Walbridge" <>
Date: Mon, 1 Mar 1999 19:29:19 +1000
birding-aus

Being also the owner of a pair of Leica 10x50 BA's,I fully sympathise with Rohan,after my Zeiss 10x40's suffered the same fate some years ago.Luckily,my insurance policy at the time covered a full replacement.Stealing binoculars from a birder is,I feel,akin to stealing a car from a travelling salesperson,etc.etc.and must be close to being a "hanging offence".After our eyes and ears our bins.are our most important tool!

The main 'gist' of this message is  getting across to birders the importance of fully understanding their current insurance policy,re.binoculars and making sure they are fully covered.Whether your bins.are Tasco or Leicas is irrelevant,the feeling of helplessness after losing them is the same for any birder.So,I urge every birder to be fully aware of what their policy covers and to make relevant adjustments,oh,and of course shop around!I might add,nowadays my bins.are locked safely away when not in use,I don't want to suffer another 'deprivement'again.Good birding,Paul Walbridge.
To unsubscribe from this list,please send a message to
Include "unsubscribe birding-aus" in the message body (without the quotes).