birding-aus

Re: birding-aus oriental cuckoo hepatic

To: "lorne" <>, <>
Subject: Re: birding-aus oriental cuckoo hepatic
From: "EDWIN VELLA" <>
Date: Mon, 1 Mar 1999 20:46:06 +1100
birding-aus

To all

This may mean 2-3 Oriental Cuckoo's were at Cattai NP - 1 or 2 grey birds
(including a sub-adult bird) and a hepatic female. There were also 2 very
early Spangled Drongos at Cattai NP over the weekend.

Also would like to note that most adult summer migrants have appeared to
have left the area as I have been seeing only juvenile Dollarbirds, Sacred
kingfishers etc. in this N.P over the last few visits.

Even though I have seen alot of Cuckoo's in the N.P recently, none were
heard calling. However,  Koels (both sexes) are still calling around my
place in Seven Hills were there are also many Musk lorikeets (among numerous
Rainbow lorikeets) attracted to flowering Grey Box. Any chance for early
Swift Parrots!!!!

Well done Lorne. A good Sydney tick!

Edwin