birding-aus

birding-aus Glossy Black-Cockatoo

To: "birding-aus (messages)" <>
Subject: birding-aus Glossy Black-Cockatoo
From: "Alan Stuart" <>
Date: Mon, 1 Mar 1999 20:26:09 +1100
birding-aus

On Sunday I called in at White Box Camp in the Goulburn River National Park
near Merriwa NSW. There weren't large numbers of birds present as is
sometimes the case at White Box but the highlights for me were 15 Glossy
Black-Cockatoo; 6 Turquoise Parrot and 2 Western Gerygone.  The Turks were
a splendid sight.  They were using the open grassy area of the camp site -
they were a little hard to find because the grass is fairly long.  The
Glossies were all roosting in the one tree when I first arrived, but soon
after dispersed into pairs/small groups.

Also of interest (to me at least) was a group of 10 Yellow-billed Spoonbill
at Denman.  I don't recall ever seeing more than a couple of these birds in
the one place before.

Alan Stuart

Include "unsubscribe birding-aus" in the message body (without the quotes)