birding-aus

RE: Drivel

Subject: RE: Drivel
From: "Conole, Lawrie" <>
Date: Tue, 24 Mar 1998 12:35:35 +1000
"This is going to end up with someone getting hurt", as my Mother used
to warn me in heated situations!  Prolonged and polarised discussions
just confirm the opinions we all started with, so a point comes when
cutting our losses (and moving on) is the prudent option.  It's about
time we got off the recriminations, and on to birds again.

Birding-Aus, though technically owned and moderated by Russell Woodford,
is fundamentally a democratic forum.  I've whinged on odd occasions in
the past that I'd like to see more serious issues debated/discussed on
the list, but it hasn't really happened to any great extent.  I've come
to terms with that, and agree that by staying subscribed that I will
receive a certain amount of mail that doesn't interest me.  I still
receive some interesting snippets from the list, and on the whole
consider it to be a useful and enjoyable service.

For a small minority of Birding-Ausers to insist that only discussion of
a certain kind be accepted online is just not going to work!  We can
really only insist that the subject matter is wild birds, mostly
Australian, and keep it nice.  Beyond that, the discussion is the one
most subscribers want to have.  Take it, or leave it.

To unsubscribe, send mail to

nothing in the subject line, and in the message body

        unsubscribe birding-aus

Cheers

Lawrie Conole
58 Holden Street, Fitzroy North 3068 Victoria, AUSTRALIA
Phone AH (03) 9486 4575
Ph Mob (0419) 588 993
Email <>