birding-aus

Re: Favourite Birds

To: <>, "Hugo Phillipps" <>
Subject: Re: Favourite Birds
From: "Trevor Hampel" <>
Date: Thu, 19 Mar 1998 22:20:36 +1030
Yes - I agree with Hugo - the Galah is a beautiful bird in many different
lights and conditions and situations.

A vivid memory I have of  this species is an individual sitting on a short
stump protruding from the water of one of the lakes at Lake Hattah NP. The
afternoon sun lit up the pink plumage which was reflected in the glassy
water. My wife and I slowly approached in our canoe to photograph this
beautiful bird in an amazingly stunning setting.

Ah - Hattah - what a great place. How can I get a job there??? One
involving bird watching all day??

Trevor Hampel
Murray Bridge SA