birding-aus

Re: introduced bird(er)s

To: "ozbird" <>, "Kirrama Wildlife Tours" <>
Subject: Re: introduced bird(er)s
From: "Susan Myers" <>
Date: Wed, 18 Mar 1998 18:46:01 +1100

> Jo, I think the Australians grow up with their environment and just take
it
> for granted. It takes overseas people to appreciate what Australia has to
> offer.
Well, sorry as a proud Skip I rather take offence at that (not seriously,
just rather....).  Most of the Oz naturalists of my acquaintance seem to be
more interested in general natural history than birding as such, which is
fair enough. Also, are you trying to say that you have to come from a
totally buggered up environment in order to appreciate a (sort of) healthy
one? This makes sense to me...............
Anyone who would like to twitch a 'native-born one' can come to Melbourne -
there're a few of us plus some ring-ins we let tag along ;-)
yoroshiku onegai shimasu
Susan

ps. Tony - I hate footy AND beer (don't mind pubs though)

Susan Myers
phone: +61 3 9819 2539
Email:Susan Myers