birding-aus

Re: introduced bird(er)s

To: "David Torr" <>, <>
Subject: Re: introduced bird(er)s
From: "Vicki Parslow-Stafford" <>
Date: Wed, 18 Mar 1998 20:59:32 +1000
My English-born husband (who doesn't mind being called a Pom -- in fact he
relishes it, especially during Rugby League Tests) had a visit a few years
back from his old Mam and young nephew (who was here to watch the Rugby
League test, surprisingly B^)  ).  Young Craig is a caged bird fancier back
home in Rochdale, and spoke longingly of being able to afford to buy a pair
of sulphur-crested cockatoos, or perhaps rainbow lorikeets.  Says his
Grandma "Still, I don't suppose you'd see anything like that around here".
I could hardly contain my smirks when I told her to stick her head out the
window and have a look at the sulphur-crest in the tree across the road,
and to listen to the lorikeets flying overhead.

Vicki PS
Vicki Parslow Stafford  | "Oh, many a Cup of this
Ipswich, Qld, Australia | forbidden Wine must drown
Email    | the memory of that
Ph/fax +61 7 3281 5010  | insolence!"