birding-aus

Re: Coxen's Fig-Parrot

To: <>
Subject: Re: Coxen's Fig-Parrot
From: "Tony Clarke" <>
Date: Fri, 10 Oct 1997 16:56:58 +0100
Hi Glen,

Harsh words. After all being a taxonomist you should be well aware what
will happen to the little beast if the P.S.C. gets accepted. Yes, we'll all
have to go and tick it off. This could be rather difficult if it has ceased
to exist. I agree with your point about other forms of life, especially the
disappearing frogs but surely an attempt to save this bird is better than
letting it die out. Think of what the yanks have spent on the Condor
project, the money put into Coxen's Fig-Parrot must be insignificant.

Tony

Tony Clarke
C/ República Dominicana, Nº 61,
Barrio de Fátima,