birding-aus

re:Pizzey and Knight

Subject: re:Pizzey and Knight
From: (Scott Chandry)
Date: Thu, 26 Jun 1997 09:41:15 +0000
I agree this guide is excellent but I can't understand why they chose to
blatantly steal the cover design from the National Geographic Society Field
Guide to the Birds of North America.  All they did was replace the American
birds with Australian birds (example: Wedgetail for Bald eagle).

Furthermore I was a bit surprised at how infrequently the text explicitly
describes the differences between similar species.  It would have been really
nice for say each thornbill description to have this information.

Scott

or