ts-7000

Re: [ts-7000] Re: DIO 1 Header PIN polarity

Subject: Re: [ts-7000] Re: DIO 1 Header PIN polarity
From: Jim Jackson <>
Date: Tue, 29 Mar 2011 17:44:45 +0100 (BST)

On Tue, 29 Mar 2011, wgwend wrote:

> > > The ts-7260-manual says that pin 1 on DIO 1 header is GND and pin 16 is +
> > > 3,3 V.
> >
> > No it doesn't.
> >
> > The manual details pin 1 as DIO_0 and pin 2 as ground. Pin 16 is indeed
> > +3.3V.
> >
> > See "Table: DIO1 Header Pin Configuration" on page 31 of the manual.
> >
> > Pin 1 is the pin nearest the white dot.
> > Pin 2 is the pin opposite pin 1 on the other row of pins.
> > Pin 15 is the other end of the row of pins to pin 1
> > pin 16 is the other end of the row of pins to pin 2
> >
> > viz
> >
> >   2  4  6  8  10 12 14 16
> >   1  3  5  7  9  11 13 15
> >   ^-- white dot.
> >
> > > But I have it inverted. Is this possible?
> >
> You're right.
> I supposed the pin number was like most microchips.
>
> 7  8  9  10  11  12
> 1  2  3  4   5    6

The usual numbering scheme derives from the fact that it is usual to
connector ribbon cable to female connector that plugs onto the pins.
The numbering scheme I indicates leads to wire 1 on one side of the ribbon
cable connecting to pin 1 and wire 16 and the opposite side of the ribbon
cable connecting to pin 16. The wires are numbered in numeric order from 1
to 16 across the ribbon. In most situations this numbering is seen.

HOWEVER TS in their infinite wisdom confusingly use a different numbering
system for the COM2 and COM3 headers. In fact the first version 7200 manual
didn't even make that point explicit, and their was no pin layout detailing
their wacky numbering scheme.

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to: