Re: Esoteric Mic Builds: Multi-style Capsule SASS

Subject: Re: Esoteric Mic Builds: Multi-style Capsule SASS
From: "Bernie Krause" bigchirp1
Date: Thu Mar 1, 2018 7:53 am ((PST))
No Andrew. I have just replaced them (and all my other gear) since the Octo=
ber fires and have only been out in the field once, since.

I do plan to go out in the coming weeks, but not recording with 8020s, spec=
ifically. More like MS or double MS (w/ an 8040 as the mid). The common bat=
 around here, the little brown bat (Myotis), hasn=92t been seen much since =
the fires. When they were present we=92ve recorded them as low as around 18=
kHz up to around 60kHz in this area (their bioacoustic range varies slightl=
y from habitat to habitat. For example, in the midwest, their range is a bi=
t higher). But I don=92t have anything, yet, with the 8020s. I hooked them =
up in the studio just to test and to see if they were clean.

Since the 8040 range extends to 50kHz, I=92ll be recording at 96k/24. So if=
 there=92s anything in that range, we should be able to get it.

Bernie

Wild Sanctuary
POB 536
Glen Ellen, CA 95442